5.21.2013

My favorite two "new" social networks.

For anyone who reads my blog, knows me personally, or can just get a sense of who I am, I LOVE everything media. That means I try to keep abreast of things, like new social networking sites, that I can use for my benefit. Let me introduce you to two that I believe are creating a stir:

1. Paper.



This website, which doubles as a social media site (well I consider it to be one) allows you to "publish" your own paper. The MCMXC Daily is my personal paper, and it has everything from top stories to funny features, to entertainment reports. [MCMXC is the roman numeral for 1990...the year I was born]. Your paper can have an array of topics as well. Not the writer? Don't worry, you can use other sources as "contributors" to your website. Just type in your favorite news source (ex: CNN on twitter) and voila! You have a paper! Interested in checking Paper out for yourself? Visit their website. 

2. Kumbuya


Kumbuya is a social network that i stumbled upon via craigslist. Confusing huh? Well, while looking for a job, I read about the site and decided to check it out. Kumbuya allows you create moderate, and join "communities" based on your interests. There you can create discussions, polls, share advice, and start a conversation with people all around the world who share similar interests. I personally joined a natural hair community and a fashion blogger community. Does that interest you? Well start now by clicking here



No comments: